Wednesday, May 22, 2013

THIRTY-EIGHT



Bonjour tout le monde!

What a week! This is going to have to be a short email because I'm actually writing on Wednesday with President Cannon's permission but we don't have a lot of time. But, that's life! We work with what we have!

This week in summary:

-Two major trips
   On Tuesday morning we left Rimouski to go on splits with the Elders in Chicoutimi, a fairly large town on the other side of the St. Laurent River in the Saguenay region. We drove to Rivière-du-Loup and then took a ferry across the river to St-Siméon where the Chicoutimi Elders picked us up. We drove the rest of the way with them and then spent all day Wednesday there and did the trip back on Thursday afternoon. On the way home we picked up some hitchhikers in Rivière-du-Loup and took them to St. Flavie. They were really nice! 

Le Traversier



















The Elders on the other side

Driving to Chicoutimi (dirty windshield!)

Powerlines...

A horrible sign we saw. (Attention to our children. This could be yours.)

A funny door sign we saw while knocking. (No solicitors & Jehovah's Witnesses)

An (interesting?) find while knocking in Chicoutimi

Splits with Chicoutimi! Elder Wright, me, Elder Messinger, and Elder Ruby

   Then on Monday (as in two days ago) we left at 11 in the morning to drive to Québec City (about a 3 hour drive) for Zone Conference. Our zone went together to the Montmorency Falls in Québec City then played ultimate frisbee (juniors vs. seniors—we won!) and finished off by getting poutine at Intuitions. That night President and Sister Cannon invited Elder Ruby and I over to their hotel room for "one last one-to-one" lesson on her Mac before they leave in June. It will be sad to see them go! I've become great friends with them inside and outside of teaching them how to use their computers.

Montmorency Falls



A few elders in my zone



Elder Ruby and I

Poutine with Elder Freeze!

-Zone Conference
   The Zone got together at the stake center in Québec City where we had some great trainings from the AP's and President and Sister Cannon. Elder (Austin) Heder is an Assistant along with Elder Williams who was in the MTC with me. It was a great conference and I learned a lot! And I finally got my mail! I got the DVD that my Dad made for our ward's missionary experience (which I just watched—job well done!) and a surprise package from Phil in the Montréal YSA! (Thanks, Phil!) I also got a nice handful of letters from some friends and one from Elder Christensen from my MTC district who is serving in France!

-Missionary Work
   We met with a number of less-actives this past week. We have been seeing some great success in meeting with them. This past Sunday we had a total of 31 people at church! 31! We're almost halfway to being a ward! We met with Landry and Louis and finished teaching them about the Restoration and committed them to be baptized. They still have a lot of questions and want to make sure they have a few more answers before they commit to that. But with our upcoming weekend we should be able to help them find those answers (we might be going to Montréal with them for Stake Conference! President Cannon told us that we can go with the members this weekend! Montréal, look out! Papa's comin' home!)

-Random stuff
   We got our tires and oil changed on the truck (I don't think I've even taken a picture of our truck... I'll have to do that soon!) and then took it to the carwash before our trip to Québec. We had a fire with the Dupont family and made s'mores while we sang songs with the guitar! 

S'mores...

Monopoly with steak and lobster! Elder Messinger came through!

I won...

Well! That's just about all I have time for today!

Avec amour,

Elder Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment